Equipment upgrades will be performed on March 2 and March 5 between 10 PM and 4 AM Pacific (between 1 AM and 7 AM Eastern). During these time periods, there may be a 5-10 minute interruption of service. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We’ll discuss how to use Report Writer to create reports that contain exactly the information you need.
Date: Thursday, March 12
Time: 2 PM EST / 11 AM PST
We’re very happy to welcome Save the Bay to Doubleknot!
Save the Bay is dedicated to protecting and improving Narragansett Bay, which covers 147 square miles on the north side of Rhode Island Sound. One of the ways the organization delivers its mission is through Bay education and outreach to keep the public aware of the importance of the waters and to teach good stewardship.
Save the Bay used Doubleknot’s online registration for their February Vacation Camps and is already taking registrations for their popular summer camp programs.
|Posting adjustments to:||Requires read-level permissions in the store’s org for:|
|Calendar Activities, Dues, and Fundraisers||Manage Events|
|Programs||Program Management 1 and
Program Management 2
When you’re setting up a summer camp program with multiple session events (classes and activities) in every session, our new features to control registration dates for all session events makes it easier to make sure that all of the registration dates are set correctly. You can set the registration dates and times for all session events in a single session or for all session events in the entire program.
The following options are available on the Manage a Program Page:
- Sync Session Event Registration Dates. Changes the registration dates and times for every session event to be the same as the registration dates and times for the session that contains it. For example, if you use this feature, all session events in Session #1 will have the same registration dates and times that you set for Session #1, and all session events in Session #2 will have the same registration dates and times that you set for Session #2. (This feature was previously called Adjust Session Event Dates.)
- Set All Session Event Registration Dates. Allows you to assign the same registration dates and times to every session event in every session of the program. If you use this feature, all session events in the program will have the same registration dates and times.
On the Manage a Session page, the Set Session Event Registration Dates feature change sthe registration dates and times for all of the session events in the selected session to the dates and times that you choose.
Complete information on setting up programs is located in the following materials:
- Creating and Editing Programs User Guide. To download this document, click User Manuals in the Feature List. The document is the third item in the Event Management category.
- Online help. To display online help, click Help at the top of any Doubleknot page.
We’re pleased to announce a new feature that makes it easier to update registrations for group signup programs (like summer scouting camps). Several Doubleknot organizations operate programs where people can register for a block of space in advance, and then update their registration with names and class/activity selections later.
Previously, people who updated their registrations to select session events (classes and activities) had to complete the checkout process to save their selections, even if no additional fees were due. Now, you configure your group signup program to allow people to save session event selections for an existing registration without needing to complete the checkout process. Registration owners can simply log in, select the registration they wish to update, and make their changes. The changes will be automatically saved.
To enable this feature, follow these steps:
- Choose one of the following in the Programs tab in Event Management:
- If you’re creating a new program, click New Program. The Manage a Program page is displayed.
- If you’re updating an existing program or modifying a copy of a program, click the name of the program. The Manage a Program page will be displayed.
- In the Event Type menu, select Group Signup. The page will redisplay with options for group signup programs.
- In the Registrants and Classes menu, select Save updated session event selections (classes and activities) even if checkout is not completed.
- Follow the procedure to configure or change other options on this page as needed for your program.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save. Registration owners will be able to update session event selections for completed registrations without completing the checkout process again.
The Revenue Report and the Purchase Report now deliver significant performance improvements. The improvements are achieved by placing all transaction data through midnight of the previous day in a data store where it can be retrieved quickly and efficiently. The real-time reports remain available in case you want to view real-time information about the current day’s transactions.
Based on your feedback, additional enhancements to the Price Groups/Schedules feature were released this week. Improvements include support for setting price groups, early discounts, and late fees for session events in programs as well as for the overall session. The following resources are available:
- Online help. To view the searchable online help, click Help at the top of any Doubleknot page. To make the Price Groups/Schedules information easy to find, there’s a special section on the Contents page.
- Printable manuals. To view all printable Doubleknot documentation, click User Manuals in the Administer panel. The following updated user briefs contain instructions for using the Price Groups/Schedules feature. In addition, the information is included in the Creating and Editing Calendar Activities Events User Guide and the Creating and Editing Programs User Guide, which provide comprehensive documentation for each module.
- Setting Up and Assigning Price Groups for Calendar Activity Events (User Brief)
- Setting Up and Assigning Price Groups for Programs (User Brief)
- Changing Facility Prices on Scheduled Dates (User Brief)
- Changing Membership Prices on Scheduled Dates (User Brief)